- We overcome the evil one by Christ’s love.
Know Him through personal, intentional, intimate relationship. 1 John 2:12-14
3 ways to overcome the evil one.
- Know His Forgiveness, trust His grace.
- Know His Strength, be strong in faith.
- Know His Word, let Him abide in you.
You must be in the Word for the Word to be in you – Let His Word light up my life and fill my mind with God’s truth.
- We overcome misplaced desires for the world by fully Christ’s love.
His love is enough for me. 1 John 2:15-16; John 15:19; 1 Timothy 6:17-19
Worldliness: “Anything in a Christian’s life that causes him to lose his enjoyment of the Father’s love or his desire to do the Father’s will.” – Warren Wiersbe, BEC
3 misplaced desires for the World that are overcome by receiving Christ’s love.
The desires of the flesh –
The desires of the eyes –
The pride of life –
- We overcome “passing away” by Christ’s love.
Practice His love by participating in His will for my life. 1 John 2:17