Unforgettable: The Words of Jesus…about Salvation
Matthew 13:1-9; John 12:24
4 Heart Conditions Jesus identifies in people:
- I don’t acknowledge that I need Jesus. Matthew 13:18-19
- I don’t use faith to believe in Jesus. Matthew 13:20-21
ABC’s of Faith: All-in Belief and Confession Romans 10:8-10; Acts 2:38; 2 Corinthians 7:10
- I don’t have room for Jesus Matthew 13:22
- I do understand my desperate need for Jesus, and receive Him wholeheartedly.
“You know there’s a root, when you see the fruit!”
5 Kinds of Fruit from a True-heart Conversion:
- True heart-dependence upon Jesus and His provision. Jeremiah 17:9; John 14:6
- True heart-change made apparent by the fruit of the Spirit. Galatians 5:22-23; Romans 6:22
- True heart-commitment to the Great Commandment. Matthew 22:37
- True heart-compassion for the lost around us. 2 Corinthians 5:18
- True heart-goodness resulting in good works flowing from faith. James 2:14-17; 2 Peter 3:9
Next Week’s Reading Guide:
1 Corinthians 1:10-17
1 Corinthians 1:18-25
- Which of the first 3 heart conditions best described you before receiving Christ?
- Discuss together the root of repentance. What kinds of attitudes do we need to be constantly repenting of to embrace dependence on Christ?
- Discuss the 5 kinds of fruit of a “True-heart conversion”, one at a time. Which fruit is most bountiful in your life? Which fruit is most lacking?
- How can you “up” the production of fruit in the low area?
- Are you an “ABC”, All-in Believing Confessing Christian? Share.