NCCTK Marriage Guidelines for Marrying a Couple
- We want to help you enjoy a healthy, life-long marriage. We are committed to giving you a good start and firm foundation.
- We believe biblical marriage is between a man and a woman only, and will only marry a man to a woman.
- We marry those who actively attend NCCTK, and ask that you continue attending NCCTK so we can continue to encourage you in your marriage.
- We believe in Covenant Marriage, which means both people need to trust Christ as their Savior, and invite God to be the center of their relationship. So, we will not marry a believer to an unbeliever (2 Cor. 6:14-15). A believer is a person who is continually repenting from sin in their life and trusting God for their eternity, and is committed to live a life pleasing to God as defined in God’s Word, the Bible.
- We ask you to agree to abstain from sexual intimacy until you are married. If you have already been intimate sexually, we ask you to repent and seek God’s forgiveness, and forgive each other. (1 Cor. 6:9-11, 6:18-20).
- Believers who are living together will be asked to live separately until they are married ( Phil. 4:8-9).
- All candidates for marriage must complete PREPARE, a pre-marital counseling program. You will be assigned to a PREPARE/ENRICH certified couple for your premarital counseling, based upon the availability of counselors. You may plan on PREPARE taking 6 sessions to complete. The cost of processing for PREPARE is $35.00.
- You will be required to read 1 book called His Needs, Her Needs by Willard F. Harley Jr. We also recommend you read Starting Your Marriage Right by Dennis Rainey as part of your preparation for marriage, and to complete the study questions for each chapter.
- If you’ve been previously married and divorced, we will marry you depending on the circumstances of your divorce. You will be asked to let us help you discern if remarrying is the best option for you at this time. You will be asked to complete the counseling process before finalizing your decision to marry.
- After completing PREPARE, call the church office to set up a time to meet with the pastor you have asked to officiate your wedding. This meeting will be to finalize your wedding plans. Your counselors will communicate with your marrying pastor their response to your time with them.
- If you want to be married in the NCCTK facility, call the church office at 318-9446 well in advance to reserve the room of your choice.
Continuing Education and Support
- Upon being married, we ask that you join the Young Marrieds Group to give you a place to connect with other couples and to receive ongoing teaching on marriage. Call Pastor Jason at (360)318-9446 for help. Call pastor Kurt at 360-318-9446 for help.
- NCCTK provides ongoing Marriage Date Nights and teaching nights. Watch the program for dates.
- We recommend that you attend one of Family Life’s A Weekend To Remember within the first two years of your marriage.
14 Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness? 15 What accord has Christ with Belial? Or what portion does a believer share with an unbeliever?
1Corinthians 6:9-11, 18-20
9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
18 Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body. 19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, 20 for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.
8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. 9 What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me–practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.